Recently, I was given a PNP Watchdog error for good by my Nissan dealer. The dealership said that because the newest models of cars now have some type of computer technology built into them, they are not able to repair older cars with this technology installed due to software conflicts. If you’re having trouble with your car and it’s been less than 2 years since you bought it from a dealership or manufacturer, chances are their technicians cannot do anything about it without buying out the whole company. You’ve just got yourself one expensive paperweight on your hands!.
The “driver pnp watchdog error fresh install” is a problem that has been present for a while. This article will go over the steps needed to fix this issue.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
Updated on November 12th, 2021
Publish date: April 2020
- It’s not what you expected when you do a Windows Update and the computer begins to exhibit issues. BSoDs are the worst since they almost always result in data loss.
- During a Windows Update, the Blue Screen of Death with the warning Driver PNP Watchdog may occur. As a result, we advise you to utilize the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Because there are many probable explanations for this issue, we’ve compiled a list of solutions that you may attempt.
Update your PC’s drivers to keep it healthy. This program will aid in the detection of outdated and malfunctioning drivers, as well as the automated search for a suitable replacement. As a result, you’ll be using all of your system’s components at maximum capacity. In three simple steps, you can check your drivers:
- Now you can get DriverFix for free (secured download)
- Start the application and choose the Scan option.
- Wait for the scan to complete before beginning to install the required drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have successfully downloaded DriverFix.
How can I cure the BSOD fault caused by Driver PNP Watchdog?
- Repair the registry on your computer.
- Carry out an automatic repair
- CHKDSK should be run.
- Perform a complete system scan.
- Apply the Microsoft Hotfix
- Run the troubleshooter for Windows Updates.
- System drivers should be updated.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Windows Update once more.
Have you received a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) with the error Driver PNP Watchdog? If that’s the case, don’t worry; you’ve come to the right place.
When installing Windows updates, customers have reported encountering the Driver PNP Watchdog error. The update is launched during the process of upgrading their Windows 10 OS, but it suddenly stalls, showing the BSoD with the Driver PNP Watchdog error.
Malware or viruses, corrupted PC registries, obsolete drivers, or defective hard drives, among other things, might cause this error.
If you’re having problems with the Driver PNP Watchdog issue, you may not be able to install crucial updates. Windows Report, on the other hand, will present you many options for resolving the Driver PNP Watchdog problem.
Error: Driver PNP Watchdog
1. Clean out your computer’s registry
The system files may be corrupted as a result of a variety of situations, resulting in a damaged Windows registry. However, the windows registry might get bloated, resulting in the Driver PNP Watchdog problem.
As a result, you must use System File Checker to rebuild your Windows registry (SFC). The System File Checker utility application verifies the integrity of all system files and, if feasible, corrects any errors.
On Windows 10, use these steps to perform an SFC scan:
- Start by typing cmd into the search box, then right-clicking Command Prompt and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Now enter sfc /scannow at the command prompt.
- Wait for the scanning to finish before restarting your computer. On restarting, all corrupted files will be replaced.
You may also use DISM to repair the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue in addition to doing SFC Scan. Deployment Image Servicing and Management is also a tool for scanning and resolving problems with damaged system files.
The following instructions will show you how to use DISM on Windows:
- Run Command Prompt by pressing Windows key + X. (Admin).
- On the command line, copy and paste the following command:
- exe /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth /Online
- If the DISM is unable to acquire files from the internet, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert the appropriate media and enter the following command:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows
- Make sure the path “C:RepairSourceWindows” on your DVD or USB is replaced.
Make sure you’ve changed the repair source route to your own.
2. Use the Automatic Repair feature.
You may also use automated repair to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD. You may, however, need to utilize a Windows bootable installation DVD to do this.
Here’s what you should do:
- After inserting the Windows bootable installation DVD, restart your computer.
- When asked to continue, press any key to boot from a CD or DVD.
- Click “Next” after selecting your language options.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Repair your machine.
- Click Troubleshoot > Advanced option > Automatic Repair on the “pick an option” page. After that, wait for Windows Automatic to finish.
- Restart your computer and choose Windows as the operating system.
If the problem continues, we recommend that you utilize expert software to permanently fix the BSOD issue. It is safer to use such specialized software to prevent any PC issue.
3. Execute CHKDSK
By running CHKDSK on your hard drive, some Windows 10 users were able to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue. Unwanted files or folders that take up disk space might also cause the Driver PNP Watchdog issue; as a result, you should clean up your hard drive.
This is how you do it:
- Start > Type “cmd prompt” >Right-click it and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Type CHKDSK C: /F now.
- Then, on the Command Prompt, enter CHKDSK C: /R and press Enter.
- Restart your computer when the CHKDSK operation is completed.
Additional options for resolving the Driver PNP Watchdog problem
4: Perform a complete system scan
The Driver PNP Watchdog problem might be caused by viruses and malware; consequently, you should search your Windows 10 PC for viruses and malware and remove them.
To perform a complete system scan, you may use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or any third-party antivirus.
We do, however, advise that you employ specialist software. This free program will search your computer for malware that might be causing the Driver PNP Watchdog problem.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Install the program and conduct the system scan once you’ve downloaded it. Any faulty or suspicious behavior on your device will be detected by the program and dealt with appropriately.
Meanwhile, if the Driver PNP Watchdog problem persists after performing Windows Update, go on to the following remedy.
5. Apply the Microsoft Hotfix
Several Windows users have experienced success in resolving the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD by simply applying the Microsoft Hotfix.
This is how you do it:
- Visit the Microsoft Support site.
- Now, choose Hotfix Download Available from the drop-down option.
- Install the Hotfix by following the steps after downloading it.
- After that, restart your computer.
6. Run the troubleshooter for Windows Updates.
The Windows 10 operating system includes a number of troubleshooters that may be used to resolve a variety of difficulties. Meanwhile, we propose that you use Windows Update troubleshooter to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue that occurs during Windows Update.
The Windows Update troubleshooter, on the other hand, only works on Windows 10 PCs and only addresses problems caused by recent Windows updates.
To use the troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Return to the beginning
- Type ‘Troubleshooting’ without the quotations in the search box.
- Troubleshooting may be found by clicking here.
- In the left pane, click View all.
- Choose Windows Update.
- To launch Windows Update Troubleshooter, click Next, then follow the on-screen directions.
If the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue persists after running the Windows Update troubleshooter, your Windows 10 PC may need to be reset.
7. Install the latest system drivers
System faults, particularly Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD errors, may be caused by outdated system drivers. Furthermore, since the Driver PNP Watchdog issue is associated with the word ‘driver,’ you may need to update all of your system drivers without using Windows Update. This is due to a BSoD issue with Driver PNP Watchdog that occurs when performing Windows Update.
To make a long tale short, you’ll need to replace your old system drivers using third-party software. We highly advise you to use a specialist driver updater program to automatically download all of your PC’s outdated drivers. It saves time and is safer to use such a gadget.
The finest driver updater software automates the whole process and includes optimization and restoration options as well.
8. Restart your computer.
This is a more complex recovery method that restores your computer to its original factory settings. Here’s how to reinstall Windows 10 on your computer:
- Turn your computer off three times until the Advanced Recovery environment displays.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Select Troubleshoot now.
- As a result, choose Reset this PC.
- You may choose to retain or remove your files and applications.
- To continue, click Reset.
9. Run Windows Update once more.
The background process may cause the Windows Update process to be interrupted or disturbed, resulting in a Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD.
As a result, we suggest that you reinstall Windows. To do so, restart your computer after receiving a Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD error, and make sure your computer is connected to an uninterrupted power source before running Windows Update.
To run a Windows update, follow these steps:
- Go to Start, type’settings,’ and then click on Settings.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the menu.
- Check for updates in the Windows Update window and install any that are available.
- Restart your Windows PC after the update is complete.
Finally, all of the options listed above have the ability to resolve the Driver PNP Watchdog BSoD issue. As a result, if you have any queries about the solutions we described above, please contact us. Please let us know by leaving a comment below.
Other problem codes that appear when a Blue Screen of Death is shown may be found in our troubleshooting BSoDs sections.
Visit the fantastic Windows 10 Errors Hub for instructions and troubleshooters on everything to do with the most recent Windows operating system.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “driver pnp watchdog windows install” is a driver that will allow your computer to restart if it crashes. This can be helpful for those who are having issues with their computer crashing, or for people who want to prevent their computer from crashing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does driver PNP watchdog mean?
A: Driver PNP watchdog is an option for Windows 10 that will not allow certain drivers to be installed. This can cause problems, such as using components from a different vendor than originally intended or causing crashes.
What does Dpc_watchdog_violation mean?
Is Windows Stop Code a virus?
A: No, it is not. A stop code is a message that the computer sends to other devices when an error occurs during booting and shuts down all inbound connections to prevent potential damage. It does this by closing open ports on your operating system automatically so nothing can get access to it accidentally or maliciously
- driver pnp watchdog windows 11
- how to fix driver pnp watchdog
- driver pnp watchdog windows 10 20h2
- driver pnp watchdog windows 10 usb install
- driver pnp watchdog windows 10 2004