Starting a new game in Pokemon Sword is an exciting journey into the world of Galar. Whether you’re a seasoned trainer or just starting out, this guide will walk you through the steps to get your adventure underway.
To begin, start up your Nintendo Switch and select the Pokemon Sword game from your library. Once the game loads, you’ll be greeted with the title screen featuring the legendary Pokemon Zacian and Zamazenta. Press any button to continue.
Next, you’ll be prompted to choose your language preference. Select English (US) to play in that language. After selecting your language, you’ll need to decide whether or not you want to connect online for features like trading and battling with other players around the world.
With character creation complete, Professor Magnolia will introduce herself and provide some background information about Galar region and its unique Pokemon species. Listen carefully as she sets the stage for your upcoming adventure.
Now that you have all the necessary information, it’s time to embark on an epic journey in Pokemon Sword!
How to Start a New Game in Pokemon Sword
When starting a new game in Pokémon Sword, one of the most exciting decisions you’ll make is choosing your starter Pokémon. This decision will shape your journey and determine the types of battles you’ll excel in. So, let’s dive into the options and consider which starter Pokémon might be the best fit for you.
- Grookey: The Mischievous Grass-Type If you’re someone who loves nature and has a mischievous side, Grookey might be the perfect choice for you. As a Grass-type Pokémon, Grookey possesses an affinity for plants and can learn various moves that harness the power of nature. Its final evolution, Rillaboom, becomes a formidable force with its powerful drumming abilities that can shake up any battle.
- Scorbunny: The Energetic Fire-Type For trainers who prefer speed and agility in battles, Scorbunny is an ideal pick. As a Fire-type Pokémon, it brings fiery energy to every encounter. With its swift movements and quick attacks, Scorbunny evolves into Cinderace—a nimble powerhouse capable of delivering devastating kicks that leave opponents reeling.
- Sobble: The Timid Water-Type If you’re more inclined towards strategic gameplay and prefer to approach battles cautiously, Sobble might be your go-to choice. As a Water-type Pokémon, Sobble thrives in aquatic environments and learns moves that leverage its watery prowess. Evolving into Inteleon grants it exceptional marksmanship skills with its razor-sharp water projectiles.
Remember that each starter Pokémon has its own strengths and weaknesses when facing different gym leaders or wild encounters throughout your journey in Galar region. Understanding their type advantages will help you build a well-rounded team as you progress through the game.
Ready to embark on a new adventure in Pokemon Sword? Strap on your pokeball belt and get ready to explore the vast and exciting Galar region. In this section, we’ll dive into what makes this region so special and provide you with some tips to make the most out of your journey.
- A Vibrant Landscape: The Galar region is known for its diverse and stunning landscapes. From sprawling meadows to towering mountains, there’s no shortage of picturesque views to capture. As you traverse through towns, forests, and caves, take a moment to appreciate the attention to detail that Game Freak has put into creating this immersive world.
- Unique Pokemon Species: Galar is home to a wide array of unique Pokemon species that you won’t find anywhere else. Each town and route offers new opportunities for encounters, so be sure to keep an eye out for rustling grass or hidden areas where rare Pokemon may appear. Catching these exclusive Pokemon will not only add depth to your team but also unlock interesting interactions with other trainers along your journey.
- Gyms and Dynamax Battles: One of the highlights of exploring the Galar region is challenging Gym Leaders in intense battles. As you progress through each town, you’ll have the chance to prove your skills by taking on Gym challenges and earning badges. These badges grant access to more powerful moves for your Pokemon as well as unlock Dynamax battles—a thrilling feature that allows you to temporarily supersize your Pokemon for epic showdowns.
So grab your trusty map and embark on an unforgettable journey through the Galar region. With its vibrant landscapes, unique Pokemon species, thrilling battles, engaging storyline, and online features, there’s something for every aspiring Pokemon trainer in this expansive world.