Smartwatches are the new must-have gadget, but they can be pricey. Here’s a list of 8 best standalone smartwatches with sim cards that range in price from $50 to $200.
The smartwatch with sim card and wifi is a watch that has a SIM card slot, so it can be used as a phone. It also includes WiFi functionality.
Do you have your smartwatch and smartphone on you at all times? If you choose the appropriate smartwatch for your lifestyle, you shouldn’t have to.
Leave your phone at home the next time! To make phone calls from your wrist, all you need is a standalone wristwatch with SIM card compatibility.
A wristwatch will never be able to fully replace a high-performance smartphone; just look at the screen and camera on today’s top phones. However, there are instances when little is more.
Smartwatches have a level of invisibility while in use that a phone cannot equal because to their mobility and small size.
Today, we’ll take a look at the best SIM-enabled smartwatches. These gadgets can make and receive phone calls and SMS messages! Simply said, a SIM card allows you to become much more mobile and independent of your cumbersome phone.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, we may get a commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Comparisons
Standalone Smartwatches with Best Sim Card Support
These are the watches that we suggest above and beyond anything else. If this is your first smartwatch, we recommend starting with our buyer’s guide, which is located lower down the page.
*** OUR TOP PICK *** Apple Watch Series 6
Apple watches have long been regarded as among the finest smart watches available. This isn’t the case with the new Apple Watch Series 6. It has a variety of health and fitness aspects, as well as additional features that are designed to delight.
- The Apple Watch Series 6 is a heart rate and fitness tracker that monitors everything from simple steps to cardiac patterns. You’ll be able to keep track of not just how many calories you burnt, but also when and why you expended them, as well as your heart rate. There’s also an elevation tracker so you can keep track of inclines and dips on your travels.
- Blood oxygen saturation sensor: The Series 6 now has a blood oxygen saturation sensor. This sensor measures your blood oxygen level in real time, even while you’re not doing anything. This feature may be used by wearers to indicate how well their circulatory and respiratory systems are working, but it should never be used in place of expert medical advice.
- Updates: The software on the new Apple Watch is 20% quicker than the previous Series 5. It has a brighter retina display for outdoor viewing and maintains its swim-proof construction for usage on land and at water.
- On demand, the Series 6 smart watch can detect Sp02 levels.
- It has more powerful software than earlier models.
- New colors and band choices are available in this series, which has a modern design.
- It enables you to answer calls and messages from your wrist at all times.
- It costs about $319, making it one of the more costly smart watches.
- When compared to other smart watches, the battery life is lacking.
*** An Excellent Alternative *** Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE
The Samsung Gear S3 Frontier is a newcomer to the market, with a traditional watch face (which may be changed). It’s the most recent model in Samsung’s Gear LTE smartwatch line.
It uses an eSIM, much as the Samsung Gear S2 (which will be discussed later). An eSIM enables you to select whatever carrier you want to use instead of being locked onto the SIM card’s particular carrier. To guarantee optimum compatibility, make sure you use the same carrier as your phone.
The display is 1.3 inches and utilizes Corning Gorilla Glass SR+, a revolutionary screen technology for wearables. This substance is more durable than ever before, and it prevents scratches from developing on the screen. This watch is built to last, according to Samsung, with “military-grade toughness.” It’s also swim-friendly, with a water resistance of up to 50 meters.
Under the hood, the OS has been upgraded with a more powerful processor and additional RAM. This results in a better user experience while not draining the battery as much as you would anticipate. The 42mm (LTE) version’s battery life is an amazing 2 days. Furthermore, it is wirelessly chargeable.
The spinning bezel is new in this edition, simplifying the interface even further, making it simpler and quicker to operate than ever before.
Samsung Gear watches are designed to operate with Samsung smartphones. If you possess a Samsung smartphone, this may be the model for you. It’s also reasonably priced when compared to the Apple Watch, and it’s a lot less expensive (but still not exactly cheap). It’s one of the most advanced LTE smartwatches available.
- Cost: $$$
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen of 1.3 inches
- HSPDA (850/900/1900/2100) and GSM (850/900/1800/1900)
- Exynos 7270, Dual Core 1.0GHz, 768MB RAM
- Samsung’s Tizen OS 2.3.2 is in charge.
- Internal memory: 4 GB
- Yes, but only the carrier-modified versions are standalone.
- Android and iOS are supported.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 is the third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Watch.
The new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has a bigger screen and a more stylish design for its users. It’s lightweight, weighing just 4.8 ounces, and comes in two sizes: 44mm and 40mm. Gold, silver, aqua black, pink gold, black, and cloud silver are all options for the smartwatch. You’ll notice several new features listed below, in addition to its shiny appearance.
- The digital bezel has been replaced on the Watch Active 2 to improve its appearance.
- GPS tracking: You may use the smart watch’s GPS to monitor your runs, walks, or strolls.
- It has a heart rate sensor that provides an alarm if it detects a low or hazardous heart rate abruptly.
- You may not only phone and text with this watch, but you can also use it to browse the web.
- Sleep tracker: The sleep tracker on the Watch Active 2 will provide customers tips on how to get a better night’s sleep.
- The lithium-ion battery in this Samsung Galaxy watch may last up to two days on a single charge. A full charge will take approximately two hours or less to finish.
- This style has a very clean, contemporary appearance.
- The smart watch has built-in pace coaching to assist you in achieving and maintaining your fitness objectives.
- In comparison to its predecessor, there aren’t many additional features to compensate for the price increase.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 has a limited number of third-party applications that are compatible with or supported by it.
4. Vvoactive 3 Music by Garmin
Garmin has introduced a smartwatch designed for active people. It has all of the essential functions for exercise and health, as well as additional safety features. Garmin has also put a strong emphasis on music choices to keep you engaged and inspired while on the go.
- During certain sports and activities, the Vvoactive 3 Music incorporates incident detection software. You will be able to communicate your real-time location to your emergency contacts without having to use your phone if an event is reported.
- Vvoactive 3 Music was given that name for a purpose. You may quickly download up to 500 of your favorite songs from your music provider with it. The wristwatch may then be paired with your cordless Bluetooth headphones for convenient listening throughout your exercises.
- Emergency help is at your fingertips – or should we say wrists – and the Garmin smart watch will alert you if an incident happens while you’re doing specific activities.
- The Vvoactive 3 Music comes with over 15 preloaded sports applications to provide you all the help you need to achieve your fitness objectives.
- You’ll also be able to make purchases on the move, since this smart watch supports contactless payment for a limited number of cards.
- Because this smart watch connects to the Verizon network, it requires a Verizon membership. Verizon business accounts are not compatible with it.
- When connecting to Verizon and using 4G LTE, the battery life is just 4 hours.
- This smart watch is not compatible with Apple’s iMessage service.
5. Ticwatch Pro 3 Smart Watch with GPS
This new smartwatch has an upgraded processor and battery life that outperforms the competition. With the optional additions listed below, you’ll have access to all of the essential health and fitness tracking features.
The Ticwatch Pro 3’s flagship design has anti-fingerprint glass, a built-in speaker, and auto-adjustable brightness. It’s a little lighter than the previous model, but it’s got a lot more functions.
- Risen battery life: When compared to the previous generation, the Ticwatch Pro 3’s battery capacity has increased by 40%. This implies that in Smart Mode, you’ll get up to 3 days of battery life and up to 45 days in Essential Mode. That’s more than a month’s worth of battery life.
- Workout assistance: This wristwatch has a built-in GPS system with five satellites. It also includes a sensor and system for monitoring heart rate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Both of these technologies operate in tandem to keep track of you and your body throughout workouts.
- Sleep tracking, stress monitoring, and noise detection are some of the new functions.
- The Ticwatch Pro 3 has one of the greatest battery lives on the market. On a single charge, you’ll be able to use your smart watch for three days with its main functions and over a month in Essential Mode, which still includes the pedometer, heart rate monitor, and sleep monitoring.
- To enhance self-awareness, health, and well-being, this smart watch tracks stress and noise levels.
- The Ticwatch Pro 3 has a considerably more simple look than other smartwatches on the market.
- The smart watch’s functions seem to be dispersed across the Mobvoi and WearOS interfaces, making it difficult to locate what you’re searching for at times.
Series 5 Apple Watch
The Apple Watch Series 5 crams a lot of functionality into a stylish and popular design. The Series 5 is one step behind its more current Series 6 sibling, but it has everything an active user might want in a smart watch.
The Apple Series 5 smart watch is a wonderful companion for the active person, with features such as emergency services and electrical and optical sensors.
- Interchangeable bands are available in a variety of colors, styles, and materials. Regardless of your own taste, the Series 5 makes it simple to create your own appearance.
- Always-On mode: With the new always-on retina display, you can see the time, as well as the watch face or the most recent active app, at all times.
- GPS tracking and a compass are included in the Apple Series 5 smart watch for precise location data no matter where you are.
- For those who are constantly checking their phones for the time or alerts, the always-on display is a big advantage. With a simple look at your wrist, you now have access to everything.
- It has a new ambient light sensor that conserves battery power based on where you use it.
- The new sleep tracker will help you minimize distractions before bedtime and monitor the length of your sleep and any disruptions.
- The battery life is limited to 18 hours and may be rapidly depleted if used excessively.
- With a price tag of approximately $400, the Series 5 is one of the most costly smart watches.
LEMFO KW88 is number seven.
The LEMFO KW88 is more than a smartwatch since it has the Android 5.1 operating system.
It’s quite a powerful gadget, with a quad-core CPU, 512MB of RAM, and a capacitive touchscreen.
Google Play is now available, allowing you to download applications straight to your watch.
It’s the perfect gadget to brighten up your life with GPS, heart rate monitoring, a pedometer, and a 2G/3G sim card slot.
This watch has a lot of features. It just cannot compete with the major guns like Apple, Samsung, or LG in any area. It does, however, have a built-in camera, which is unusual for a standalone wristwatch with SIM card.
- The cost is $$.
- AMOLED touch screen with a resolution of 1.39 inches
- WCDMA (850/2100), GSM (850/900/1800/1900).
- 512MB RAM and a quad-core CPU
- Android 5.1 is the latest version of Android.
- 4 GB total storage (2GB usable)
- Android is the operating system that is supported.
TICWRIS Android Smart Watch (No. 8)
The TICWRIS smartwatch’s new-generation LCD screen has a versatile interface and a worldwide 4G connectivity. Heart rate monitors, pedometer, music sync function, and other features are included in its enormous memory capacity. On this multi-purpose smartwatch, you’ll be able to monitor the weather as well.
- With the TICWRIS 2.86” screen, a bigger display emerges. Full-screen resolution that matches the newest HD 8.0MP camera will be available to users. You’ll be able to experience anything directly on your wrist, from games to pictures.
- Daily features: The weather app, alarm, sound recorder, and calendar search are all included in this Android smart watch, which you would otherwise have to use your phone for.
- Search assistance: When you’re on the move, use voice search to seek up any information you may need.
- The TICWRIS Android smart watch is compatible with a wide range of applications, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, SnapChat, and others.
- The smart watch’s larger screen enables users a phone-like experience. From your wrist, you’ll be able to navigate a complete Android layout.
- While traveling, take use of 4G without having to bring your phone.
- Face recognition is included into the TICWRIS, allowing you to unlock your phone with just a look.
- Only Android smartphones are compatible with this smart watch. It is currently unable to connect to iOS devices.
- For the time being, its style is restricted. It’s only available in one color scheme: black. While the large screen is useful for surfing, it is not attractive.
So, which timepiece is best for you? I’m sorry we won’t be able to assist you in this area, but we can tell you which watches we like.
The Apple Watch Series 4 is, in our view, the finest wristwatch with a SIM card. Yes, it’s pricey, and for many people, excessively so, but it’s a fantastic piece of design. It has the greatest user interface and a ton of cool features. It’s also completely self-contained, with the exception that you’ll need an iPhone with the same cellular plan.
The Samsung Gear S3 is a close second to the Apple Watch. It’s also a fantastic work of design. It’s also less costly and has a longer battery life than the more expensive Apple gadget.
In this part, we’ll go through the important characteristics to consider when choosing which watch is best for you.
We’ll also go through some of the reasons why this watch may or might not be suitable for you.
What to Be Aware Of
Are you new to the world of SIM-enabled smartwatches? Before you purchase, have a look at some important factors to consider.
1. Is it really self-contained?
Not all of these watches, however, are really independent of your phone. There are some that use a SIM card or an eSIM card to create their own LTE/3G/4G connection, and those that are just an extension of your mobile phone. They are able to connect to your phone and make calls via a Bluetooth connection. To function, they must be within Bluetooth range of your phone at all times.
Is it just connected to the outside world through WiFi? Is a Bluetooth connection to your phone required? Is it a really self-contained wristwatch with LTE?
2. How long does the battery last?
The battery life on these gadgets isn’t renowned for being very lengthy. Wireless communication consumes a lot of power, so you can anticipate to have to charge your gadget every night if you use it often. Additionally, if you pick a model with a lot of sensors for fitness monitoring, you may anticipate the battery to deplete quicker. Energy-saving modes are widespread, and they control these sensors in a manner that saves energy.
3. What is your opinion of the user interface?
The more compact these devices get, the more essential smart interface design becomes. It’s pointless to make technology tiny if it’s difficult to use and engage with. Thankfully, these gadgets offer some of the most intuitive user interfaces available. The greatest examples are the Apple and Samsung watches. Every interaction you have with the gadget will be smoother if the interface is good. If the user interface is bad, you will get irritated.
Is the program going to be maintained with updates and patches in the long run? These are crucial since they may boost energy efficiency and therefore battery life as well as system performance.
4. Is it constructed to last?
Always double-check the waterproof rating. Will it be able to be completely immersed and utilized while swimming, or will it just be able to withstand a splash?
Is the screen also scratch-resistant? Remember, you’ll be interacting with the gadget via that small screen. It’s the buttons as well as the screen.
Is a SIM card smartwatch really necessary?
These gadgets are still considered “niche,” and they haven’t gained as much traction as traditional smartwatches that don’t support LTE cellular connection.
The current limits of tiny batteries are the primary cause for this. Wireless communication via LTE and 4G may be draining on the battery, thus the battery life of some of these gadgets isn’t optimal. The original Apple Watch, released in 2015, was infamous for this, but fortunately, things are getting better all the time.
These watches will never be able to fully replace a smartphone, and they aren’t intended to. They’re used when carrying a phone is too cumbersome, such as while jogging. These watches, which are primarily intended for health and exercise, allow you to connect with the outside world while you’re otherwise “off-grid.”
They’re made to operate together with your phone. Simply said, replacing it for brief periods when carrying a phone is inconvenient is a waste of time. Like an extension of your phone, it allows you to stay connected to the outside world during times when it was previously impossible. They offer you greater mobility and flexibility in your movements by ensuring that you never miss a beat.
You don’t want to take your big phone out to dinner, but you need to contact the babysitter? This may be the solution.
This concludes our most recent guide. Join our email list to stay up to date on all the newest smart technology news and advancements. Simply type your e-mail address into the box on the right-hand side of the page.
The best esim smartwatch 2020 is a list of 8 best standalone smartwatches with sim cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best standalone smartwatch?
The best standalone smartwatch is the Samsung Gear Sport.
Which smartwatches work without a phone?
The Apple Watch Series 3, Samsung Galaxy Watch, and the Fitbit Versa are all good options for people who want to use a smartwatch without their phone.
Do smartwatches need SIM cards?
Yes, smartwatches need SIM cards.
- cheap standalone smartwatch
- smartwatch with 4g sim
- standalone smartwatch plan
- standalone smartwatch 2020
- smartwatch with sim and memory card